IF YOU FIND A BETTER PRICE - CALL US- WE'LL BEAT IT!
TOLL FREE NR: 1 877 832-9235
The BlueBird Jr safely anneals even large, exotic glass beads to prevent breakage during cooling. This innovative bead kiln is made in America to exacting standards. Weighing only 33 pounds (15 kilograms) out of the box, the BlueBird Jr is light enough to take with you on vacation or to seminars. It is ideal for traveling teachers with limited space. The kiln includes a handle on top for convenient carrying. Now you can be independent. Imagine taking the BlueBird Jr with you on exciting adventures.
Light-Weight Ceramic Fiber in the Roof, Walls, and Floor
The BlueBird Jr features high-tech, efficient ceramic fiber insulation in the roof, walls and floor. The element is embedded in the roof between layers of ceramic fiber board to reduce dust. This is a true high performance kiln you will enjoy using often.
(Note: The BlueBird Jr is fired at the factory before the outside metal is painted. This is to harden the liquid rigidizer on the ceramic fiber insulation. This may leave black or brown marks on the insulation. These marks are normal.)
Adjustable Mandrel Holder
Insert bead mandrels into the kiln. The mandrel ends rest outside the kiln on 3”-deep slotted stainless steel mandrel holders, cradled at two points. Adjust the height of the mandrel holders by loosening screws underneath.
Glass Rod Warmer, Door Latches
Mounted on top of the BlueBird Jr with the carrying handle is a stainless steel glass rod warmer. Pre-heating glass rods saves production time.
Side latches hold the doors closed while the kiln is heating to annealing temperature. Phenolic knobs stay cool to the touch. Rare-earth magnets hold the doors open when needed. Use the safety switch on the front panel to turn off power to the controller when the kiln is not in use.
To save table space, the Sentry Xpress digital controller is mounted under the kiln in an ergonomic, sloped panel for easy operation. The built-in base stays cool even during extended hold times. It is slotted to dissipate heat and comes with mar-proof plastic feet.
The steel base supports the kiln in two layers. The upper steel base supports and strengthens the ceramic fiber floor; the lower steel base covers the entire kiln bottom where it rests on your worktable. Electrical components are mounted to the lower base, away from the heat of the firing chamber.
Economical to Operate
The BlueBird Jr plugs into a standard household outlet. It draws only 700 watts and is economical to fire. The kiln ships by convenient UPS. Specially designed cartons and vacuum-formed padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely.
The BlueBird Jr has a durable high temperature, water-base finish. Water-base paint produces low emissions during spraying, which creates a safer working environment for our employees and cuts down on pollution.
The BlueBird Jr’s user-friendly 3-key Sentry Xpress digital controller automatically maintains the annealing temperature that you select. The controller is packed with features. If you can program a microwave oven, you will feel at home with the Sentry Xpress. The kiln includes a Quick Start programming guide and a 16-page controller instruction manual, printed in color.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold. The solid-state controller continually monitors the firing so you can spend your time productively without closely watching the kiln. The sealed controller touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
You will be amazed at the convenience of digital firing. The reliable solid-state Sentry Xpress controller continually monitors the firing so you do not need to closely watch the kiln.
Features of the BlueBird Jr
- digital Sentry Xpress controller
- 2 – 6 1/2” wide x 1” thick x 2” high doors
- adjustable 3”-deep slotted stainless steel mandrel holders
- stainless steel glass rod warmer
- Door latches hold the doors closed; rare-earth magnets hold doors open
- 6” deep firing chamber (measured with doors closed)
- Ceramic fiber roof, walls, and floor
- Embedded roof element
- Mandrel holders with 12 slots
- 1200°F maximum temperature
- Mar-proof plastic feet
- On-off safety switch
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Paragon BlueBird Kilns
- Program up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in Single Speed mode.
- Store up to 4 programs in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold without having to stop the kiln to reprogram. (For instance, you want to skip to the controlled cooling segment.)
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without stopping the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the firing to reprogram.
- Easily control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Program an alarm that will remind you to check the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln at a time that best suits your busy schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems.
- The sealed touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. D. ownload it from the “Additional Information” section below to review all the controller features in more detail