SHOP AROUND - FIND THE BEST PRICE - CALL US- WE'LL BEAT IT!
TOLL FREE NR: 1 877 832-9235
CS-16S CLAMSHELL KILN
Shelf Size: 14"x15" Shelf (Note Included)
Inside Measurements: 16" x 16" x 6.5"
Electrical: 120 volt, 20 amps
Controller: Sentry Digital 3-Key Glass
Maximum Temp: 1700ºF
4 - 1" wide 1/2" long Kiln Posts
1 lb glass separator
Weight 186 lb
Shelf/Furniture Kit -
Glass window-1"x3" -
Bead door -
Fiber Lid -
Paragon CS-16S Glass Fusing Kiln
Paragon’s square CS-16S digital glass clamshell kiln is easy to load, because the top lifts out of the way. The 16” x 16” interior costs only a little more than a standard 14” x 14” clamshell kiln, yet the CS-16S is 20 percent larger. The CS-16S kiln operates on a 120 volt, 20 amp outlet. Imagine the murals you could make with this kiln.
Fire loads of glass-fused bowls, pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even bracelets. Try out the newest glass techniques from teachers and friends. Enjoy adding glittering dichroic glass to your work of art. Make gifts that your loved ones will enjoy for generations. When you own a Paragon CS-16S, you can experiment with glass fusing to your heart’s content.
The CS-16S clamshell heats from the top for even heat distribution across the glass surface. The lid elements are mounted in pinless element grooves. Element pins are no longer needed because the element coils are wider than the groove opening. This helps eliminate dust in the firing chamber.
Kiln Lifts Out of the Way for Easy Loading
The walls and top, as a single unit, lift up and out of the way so you can assemble glass pieces inside the kiln without hassle. Add stringers and frit to delicate designs, often without using glue. When the kiln shelf is loaded and you are ready to fire, lower the kiln in place.
The kiln is easy to open because of three counter-weight springs mounted under the kiln. This unique feature sets Paragon kilns apart from the competition. The kiln base extends 4” in the back to support the weight of the kiln when in the open position. The base comes with mar-proof rubber feet.
The CS-16S clamshell (single opening) top and kiln walls are one unit. If you need the version with a separate lid, please see the CS-16D (double opening).
Optional Ceramic Fiber Top
The standard CS-16S comes with an insulating firebrick top. You can also upgrade your kiln with the optional deluxe ceramic fiber top, which has the same type of pinless groove as the standard top. The fiber top helps keep the kiln interior even cleaner.
Optional Glass Window and Bead Door
Enhance your glass fusing experience with the optional high temperature 1” x 3” glass window. It simplifies fusing by enabling you to watch every stage, from softening, to tack fuse, to full fuse. Watch the glass to fine-tune a digital program. (Always wear firing safety glasses, available from Paragon, while watching the glass through the window.)
You can even anneal glass beads with your CS-16S. Order the optional double 2” x 6 3/8” bead doors, which mount to the front of the kiln. Use your kiln to safely cool large, ornate beads through the annealing range.
Reliability at the Heart of the Kiln
You will be amazed at the sturdy construction that has made Paragon kilns renowned. The painted steel case covers the sides and top of the kiln. The CS-16S has a two-year warranty. The temperature sensor, or thermocouple, is sheathed with high-nickel stainless steel for long life. A heavy steel base supports the reversible brick bottom completely. These features are extra assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last. No extra stand is needed.
The reliable CS-16S has dual mechanical relays for long life. The digital controller sends a signal to the relays to turn on the heating elements. The two relays in the CS-16S last longer than the single relay of competitive kilns because of the reduced amperage going through each relay. In addition, you can order the optional industrial mercury relay for your CS-16S.
For your convenience, flip the switch on the front panel to turn off power to the controller when the kiln is not in use. The large, comfortable wooden lid stays cool.
The CS-16S is painted with a durable high temperature, water-base finish. We chose water-base paint because of the low emissions during spraying. This creates a safer working environment for our employees and cuts down on pollution.
The Ease of Digital Firing
You will be amazed at the convenience of digital firing. The reliable solid-state Senry Xpress controller continually monitors the firing so you do not need to closely watch the kiln. (Please remember, however, to check the kiln occasionally during firing and to monitor it near the expected shutoff time.) You don’t have to imagine how easy the controller is.
Paragon’s innovative controller will help you achieve consistent results from one firing to the next. The controller has powerful features that you will enjoy using. Yet the controller is also easy to learn.
The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold. Control both heating and cooling with simple 3-key operation.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Paragon CS-series Kilns
- Program up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in Single Speed mode.
- Store up to 4 programs in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold without having to stop the kiln to reprogram. (For instance, you want to skip to the annealing segment.)
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without stopping the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the firing to reprogram.
- Easily control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Program an alarm that will remind you to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln at a time that best suits your busy schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems.
- The sealed touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review all the controller features in more detail.
The CS-16S Furniture Kit
Glass must be fired on a ceramic shelf; never directly on the kiln firing chamber bottom.
1 – 14” x 15” x 5/8” Shelf
4 - 1” wide Square Posts, ½” long
1 lb. Bag Glass Separator